A New Day

It was the Spring of 1988. After a couple of years of trying, I had finally succeeded in being accepted into graduate school at the University of Georgia.  And I was now living away from home and on my own, there in my first place in Athens. Having just moved in, I had almost no furniture. There was nothing on the walls or windows. But I was the first one to live in that new duplex, and it seemed so fresh. Soon after I got settled in I began to go to my classes. The chilly Winter air was giving way to the new breezes of Spring. I can still remember so vividly those mornings, waking up on the temporary cot I slept on in that bedroom. The warm sunlight would quietly greet me, lighting up the whole room. Some would have felt sorry for me, seeing me start out with so little in that place. But I didn't feel sorry for me, I was excited! It was a new season in a new place, with new possibilities.

I've shared all that to say this: No one knows how to give you a fresh start like God does. Just like that sun-filled room lit up my days in that new season, God's mercies are new every morning for you too. I encourage you to enjoy this new season God has created for you, and to go make the most of it.

The Lord's unfailing love and mercy still continue, fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise.
–Lamentations 3:22-23 (GNT)

@takinghigher